|“||You want us to be together? We'll be together when we're all dead.||”|
Clarissa was a strange and almost feral young woman who hides in the shadows. Clarissa’s past was a tantalizing puzzle that will reach out to change the lives around her in ways no one suspects. Clarissa is also an antagonist. During Season One, it was revealed that Clarissa is the daughter and firstborn of Catherine de' Medici Which making her a child of adultery but by royal blood bound by royal blood and because Queen Catherine is her mother she is an illegitimate princess. Clarissa was thought killed by Mary Stuart in order to save Charles' life but was later revealed to be still alive. She had not been seen since Royal Blood but made her return in Reversal of Fortune. She was reunited with Bash but shortly met her end by him in order to save Francis' life.
She was portrayed by Canadian actress, Katie Boland.
She is described as being “a strange and almost feral young woman who hides in the shadows”. She is also very shy and quiet not directly communicating with anyone except for Charles. She doesn't really have any boundaries considering she just took Olivia somewhere unknown and stabbed Nostradamus in the neck without remorse. Yet she is very protective and helpful towards Mary and when she learns that Catherine is her mother she also showed protection towards her. She can also be heroic when she saved Mary and Catherine from the poison.
Her face, which she keeps hidden under a bag, is described as being severely disfigured. Clarissa has red hair and blue eyes. She has caucasian skin and on the right side of her cheek she has a scar that is close to her nose and covers a faction of her lip. They tried surgery then potions to get rid of the port-wine stain birthmark that she had.
- Charles: Half-brother, former friend.
- Mary Stuart: Half-sister-in-law, former ally.
- Nostradamus: Adoptive brother, presumably enemy.
- Catherine de' Medici: Mother, enemy.
- Richard: Father.
|Snakes in the Garden||Appears|
|Hearts and Minds||Appears|
|A Chill in the Air||Absent|
|For King and Country||Appears|
|Long Live The King||Absent|
|Slaughter of Innocence||Absent|
|Drawn and Quartered||Mentioned|
|The Lamb & The Slaughter||Absent|
|Blood for Blood||Absent|
|The Prince of the Blood||Absent|
|Terror of the Faithful||Absent|
|Acts of War||Absent|
|Sins of the Past||Mentioned|
|The End of Mourning||Absent|
|Reversal of Fortune||Appears|
Name Origin Edit
Clarissa is a feminine name which comes from the German name Clarice which is derived from the Latin the word Clarus, which means "bright, clear or famous." Clarissa also has a Greek origin, meaning "brilliant". Clarissa is considered an English, Italian, and Portuguese name. Clarisa is the Spanish form of the name.
- She is known as the castle ghost.
- We first learn her name in Snakes in the Garden.
- She killed Aylee, one of Mary's ladies-in-waiting.
- The only people to see Clarissa's face were Nostradamus, Catherine, Olivia, Charles, and Henry III.
- She is Catherine's daughter.
- Her father is Richard, however, she had no on-screen interaction with him.
- She helped Colin escape from torture.
- Just like Bash, and Tomás, she is not based on a real person.
- Her name "Clarissa" was a common name for the women of the Medici family.